- We are a gender equality organization
- We are tolerant of differences.
- We are a discreet society.
- We are a continental Europe style freemasonry who works under the Anderson's constitution*. And following the continental European masonic culture, we also insist on the separation of church and state.
- We are not a sect
- We are not religious because we are a secular (not being exclusively allied or against any particular religion) organization.
- We are not an all male organization
- We are not a club. We operate in structured meetings under the rules of our bylaws, and following a symbolic ritual.
Freemasonry's motto says it all:
Liberty, Equality, Fraternity.
George Washington Union adds an extra layer to that:
Harmony, Unity, Diversity